Post-processing with Batch Files
You can send a newly captured image or an existing image to be processed by a batch file. This allows the copying or launching of external applications with the file folder, name and extension as batch parameters.
Configuring the Batch File
- Open Notepad
- Enter the following
COPY %1 c:\1\%2
- Save the notepad file as ‘TESTBATCH.BAT’ in a folder of your choice.
- In ControlMyNikon’s Preferences screen, go to the Misc tab and put a check-mark beside ‘Auto-launch batch file after image capture’.
- Use the Browse button to find the batch file you just created.
- Connect to your camera and capture an image. You will see the batch file run after the image has been saved.
- In this batch file example, we are just showing the first, second and third parameters which are full path, filename and extension.
- The batch file then attempts to copy the image file to c:\1\.
- In a real batch file, you would remove the PAUSE so the dos window closes automatically.
- You can also run this batch file on an existing image in the image browser by selecting ‘Run Batch File’ from the thumbstrip popup menu.